1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Assistance needed Seagate Free Agent Pro 750

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by shoelessjoe, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shoelessjoe

shoelessjoe Legend

Apr 11, 2007
    I just purchased a Seagate FreeAgent Pro 750 at Costco (2 days ago) and hooked it up to my HR20 - 700. I pulled the plug, etc. and when it reset (I tried this several times)...it is still using the internal drive. Any thoughts to what I am doing wrong?

2. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    Some of the eSATA cables out there do fit right and some people have had to trim the plastic on the side that connects to the HR20 to make it fit tighter.

If it is not connect tight it will not work. You can try to press it in and hold it while starting up the HR20 to see if that works. If so you will probably have to trim the cable.

3. shoelessjoe

shoelessjoe Legend

Apr 11, 2007
    I have tried that once and the receiver just hung up. How long does it take for the hard drive to initialize?

4. shoelessjoe

shoelessjoe Legend

Apr 11, 2007
    Actually, the esata cable I have fits smug in the HR20 but not in the free agent.

5. DonCorleone

DonCorleone Icon

Jan 28, 2006
    Then it sounds like you might want to try a new cable. To answer your question, mine started right up...very simple.

6. shoelessjoe

shoelessjoe Legend

Apr 11, 2007
    I just got it working...actually I took the hard drive back to Costco and replaced it...the new one works. Thanks for all your help. Deductive reasoning wins out here. The other hard drive wouldn't even light up. This one did as soon as I plugged it into the receiver.

7. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    Glad to hear you got it working.

8. kfcrosby

kfcrosby Godfather

Dec 17, 2006
    Memphis, TN
    Sounds like a cable problem. I have the SIIG which works flawlessly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.