1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AT-200 without local channels

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by DishTim, Aug 23, 2010.

1. DishTim

DishTim Mentor

Feb 6, 2006
    I currently have the AT 120 without locals. Can I get the AT-200 without locals?
    If so do they knock off 5 bucks as they do with the AT-120 I now have?

2. Dave

Dave Icon

Jan 28, 2003
    No you can not at this time. In June when they had the changes with HD free for life and the $ 2 increase for the AT 200 and AT 250 they said you had to take locals. No choice in the matter. I have the AT 200 and was thinking of upgrading to the AT 250 for the $ 10 savings from the free HD for life. But lol and behold, you got to take the locals with it. I said no. Once you change out of a program package you now have, you have to go with there current packages available.

3. Glen_D

Glen_D Legend

Oct 21, 2006
    The AT-XXX packages bundled with local channels are the only way those packages are offered to new customers. Current customers that have those packages without their locals can continue to keep them without adding local channels, and they get their AT packages for $5 less per month.

What is not too clear is whether a new customer could request an AT package without locals for $5 less per month, or what would happen when an existing customer without locals upgrades/downgrades a package.

I posed a question about that to Dish in a chat session a while back, and the only response I could get was "all of our programming packages now include local channels".

4. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    IF locals are available in your area, any change in packages will include them. You cannot opt out.

5. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    And locals are now available in all 211 markets ... so no opt out.