1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

At least E* should have negotiated some pre-season OOM MLB

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by JohnH, Mar 2, 2004.

1. JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Apr 22, 2002
    Thursday Blackouts on WSBK and NESN.

Saturday Blackout on FSN New York.

2. Pete K.

Pete K. Icon

Apr 23, 2002
    Last season E* blacked out some Spring games but not all. It was random and
    sporadic and just plain stupid. Why black out exhibition games?

3. FTA Michael

FTA Michael Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jul 21, 2002
    My memory/perception of last year is that E* left spring games in the clear until somebody noticed. Once a source started getting blacked out, it stayed blacked out. WSBK was good for about 10 days. Tampa Bay was the last holdout IIRC.

Now last year's folks probably remember, so it'll be blackouts from Day One. :( I completely agree that exhibition games serve as teasers for the regular season, but I guess MLB doesn't think so.

Of course, we'll still get "unscheduled" games and game fragments just as we do in the regular season. My modest hope is to get replays in the clear, just as we do with NBA and NHL replays, but I'll bet that has something to do with carrying NBA Center Court and NHL Center Ice.