1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AT&T Bundle Question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by funkeruski, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Nov 9, 2010 #1 of 28
    funkeruski

funkeruski AllStar

Feb 4, 2006
    I am currently a Directv subscriber, and have an AT&T home line with DSL. I know that Directv has bundle packages with AT&T, but is for new Directv customers only? Can I somehow combine my current services to get a discount through Directv or AT&T. Appreciate any info on this b

2. Nov 9, 2010 #2 of 28
    David Ortiz

David Ortiz Save the Clock Tower!!

Aug 21, 2006
    Fresno, CA
    Yes, an existing customer can get a discount, but I was told that the bills would need to be combined. I have AT&T wireless and DSL without phone. I am supposed to get a $5 discount. I am waiting for DIRECTV charges to appear on my AT&T bill, and I cannot pay my bill or see my statements at DIRECTV.com anymore.

I am pretty sure that you need to have one of the current packages from DIRECTV, not a legacy package to combine the billing and get the discount.

If you have wireless, DSL, home phone and DIRECTV, you should be able to get a $10 discount as long as all bills are in the same name. The number to call is 800-288-2020, which is AT&T.

3. Nov 9, 2010 #3 of 28
    funkeruski

funkeruski AllStar

Feb 4, 2006
    I do have two iPhones through AT&T, so I have wireless also. That sucks that you lose access via Ditectv.com. I'm currently getting the 24 month HD $10 discount for being on autopay through Directv, so I guess this discount would disappear as i would be paying through AT&T. Sounds like I'm better off just keeping things the way they are, at least for a while.

4. Nov 9, 2010 #4 of 28
    David Ortiz

David Ortiz Save the Clock Tower!!

Aug 21, 2006
    Fresno, CA
    I have the Free HD for 24 months as well, and I have autopay on my AT&T account. As long as the autopay is somewhere, I don't think the Free HD for 24 months is affected.

5. Nov 9, 2010 #5 of 28
    mdavej

mdavej Hall Of Fame

Jan 30, 2007
    I simply called AT&T and gave them my D* account number and got the bundle discount ($5 off my AT&T bill and $5 off my D* bill). I only have local phone, DSL and long distance with AT&T. If you add wireless, your discount should be even bigger. I didn't have to do combined billing (possibly because I'm in former BellSouth territory). In fact, I still get the AT&T bundle discount even though I cancelled D* months ago.

I wouldn't hurt to at least ask.

6. Nov 9, 2010 #6 of 28
    matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    I used to have a bundle when I had AT&T home phone and DSL. I got the whole thing together, then later dropped the phone and internet.

The bill was always separate, and I had a $5 credit on my D* bill.

I was recently considering going back to AT&T and asked D* if I could bundle them. They said if I switched back and switched to a current programming package, I could bundle them and get my discount back. "Once you have an eligible package, you may call AT&T at 1-800-288-2020 to opt into this discount offer."

7. Nov 9, 2010 #7 of 28
    humanjas

humanjas Cool Member

Dec 11, 2009
    I tried to bundle mine a couple of months ago with my AT&T uverse home phone and internet. Unfortunately, as I expected, it was a no go. They want you to have their TV.

8. Nov 9, 2010 #8 of 28
    Richierich

Richierich Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    I bundled with AT&T and it saved me bucks in the bank so how can you beat it as I was sticking with both AT&T and Directv for ever but don't tell them I said that.

9. Nov 9, 2010 #9 of 28
    xmetalx

xmetalx Godfather

Jun 3, 2009
    They heard you :lol:

10. Glen_D

Glen_D Legend

Oct 21, 2006
    I wondered how that would work.

Once U-verse became available in my neighborhood, there was no longer any mention from AT&T about an alliance with a satellite TV provider in any of their telemarketing, bill inserts, or flyers. I was skeptical of AT&T's willingness to offer AT&T/DirecTV bundled discounts in U-verse territory, given the heavy marketing effort they put into U-verse.

11. doubleatheman

doubleatheman AllStar

Dec 28, 2007
    Bah you got me all excited about the discount, but it sounds like once you have Uverse anything, the deal is gone

I use Uverse for Internet only
    POTS from Att
    Wireless from Att iPhone
    Directv for tv

Sounds like my combo of services offer no
    Possible discount. :(

12. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    I unbundled with AT&T and it saved me bucks in the bank.

13. prushing

prushing Active Member

Feb 14, 2007
    I'm going to give it a shot again, but last time I checked, it was a no go.

I have Uverse Internet and Phone. I also have 2 at&t wireless numbers. Didn't matter to them as Uverse wasn't "at&t"

14. kovach

kovach Mentor

Feb 22, 2010
    You need to ask for their 'partner' department to get this accomplished. That's what I did a month or two ago.

15. drpjr

drpjr Icon

Nov 23, 2007
    Sakatomatoes...
    I have inquired about this discount a half dozen times over the past year to both D* and AT&T. They both have been very consistant in the info they have given me.

1. The D* charges will show up on the combined AT&T bill.

2. The AT&T bill must be on autopay to continue the free HD promo.

3. And amazingly, to combine the bills will trigger a 12mo contract with D*:eek2:

I questioned #3 every time and both offer no reason other than they can't waive it and to contact(blame) the other.
    The contract is troublesome to me but not a deal breaker. My issue is autopay with AT&T.:nono2: About every three months they screw up my cell billing which takes two months to clean up. I hardly ever end up paying what is printed on the bill. Not good when on autopay.

16. johnson1995

johnson1995 AllStar

Sep 26, 2008
    I know this doesn't help those with AT&T but I have my phone and internet through CenturyLink. Thay just recently started offering bundling with Direct but the bills will remain separate with the $5 credit appearing on my Direct bill. Also no new contract.

17. crkeehn

crkeehn Godfather

Apr 22, 2002
    I'm not sure that the statement about the legacy package is correct. It may depend on the package. I presently have the Total Choice+ package, which appears to fall between the Choice and Choice Extra packages. When DTV realligned the channels, they kept calling and pushing me to switch to Choice extra. I didn't. Now when I call and they review my account they offer me the bundling discount as I have ATT.

Interestingly enough, although I am supposed to get fewer channels with Total Choice+, I am receiving a number of channels that are not listed for that package.

18. Richierich

Richierich Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    They did!!! Uh Oh!!! :lol:

19. Glen_D

Glen_D Legend

Oct 21, 2006
    Are you in former BellSouth territory by any chance? BellSouth offered a DirecTV bundled discount at a time when Dish Network was the partner in other AT&T territories. I'm pretty sure there is still some "grandfathering" going on with DirecTV bundles in those markets.

AT&T is notorious for making some offers, discounts, and bundles territory-specific.

20. Skyboss

Skyboss Icon

Jan 22, 2004
    Call AT&T and tell them you want "Combined Billing". You may need to call a couple fo times because some of their CSRs are complete morons.

It took me three calls but they finally got it right. I have Phone, DSL, Cell and DirecTV on a single bill.

As a side note, they will not give this deal to you if you are also a U-Verse (DSL/VOIP) customer. Adding Cell nets you $7.50 more off the bill. Our total discount is $17.50. $5 for Phone, $5 for Direct and $7.50 for cell.