1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AT&T uVerse TV & Internet Speeds

Discussion in 'IPTV and Internet Video Delivery' started by twowheelchopper, Sep 1, 2009.

1. twowheelchopper

twowheelchopper AllStar

Sep 1, 2009
    I have DirecTV and AT&T DSL internet (3Mbs down) and use a Roku player on my home network. While watching a movie on the Roku, I loose about 1.5Mbs bandwidth to the Roku. Do the AT&T uVerse TV users that have 3Mbs or 6Mbs services loose bandwidth when the TV(s) are on or does the speed stay constant regardless what TV(s) are on. I would guess two TVs watching HD channels would consume some bandwidth.

2. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    I have the 6 mbps DSL from AT&T and downloading VOD from D* at about 2 mbps leaves about 4 left after doing a speedtest. Sometimes the VOD is faster and leaves a smaller balance available for computer use.

After re-reading your post, regarding U-Verse: My sister has U-verse and watching 2 HD shows slows her high speed internest considerably.

3. twowheelchopper

twowheelchopper AllStar

Sep 1, 2009
    Thanks Dave. I wonder what the speed tests show with 2 HD and one SD channel on.

4. paja

paja Godfather

Oct 22, 2006
    I just did a speed test on my set up through www.speekeasy.net. I recently got the special offer to upgrade to the MAX service(12Mbps)from elite. I had two hd streams and one sd on. The test indicated 11.47Mbps down.