1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

At what price would you purchase a Voom system?

Discussion in 'Polls' started by Chris Blount, Mar 4, 2004.

At what price would you purchase a Voom satellite system?

1. $0 - $99

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. $100 - $199

34 vote(s)
    54.0%
  3. $200 - $299

18 vote(s)
    28.6%
  4. $300 - $399

7 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. $400 - $499

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  6. $500 and up

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. I'm not interested in Voom

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  1. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    At what price point would you decide to purchase a Voom Hi-Def Satellite System?

2. BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch Hall Of Fame

Apr 24, 2002
    I said that I wasn't interested, but I WOULD be if E* worked out a way to access the programming (one of my E* dishes is already pointing at 61.5). Maybe Cablevision agrees to make like Verizon and AT & T and sell exclusive V* programming via E*'s hardware...... Might be a way to help make the V* service more viable from a dollars standpoint.........

3. JM Anthony

JM Anthony Child of the 60's DBSTalk Gold Club

Nov 16, 2003
    I almost got drawn and quartered when I hung the second dish off of the house. One more, plus another remote, more things to remember to access the programming you want - just too much of a hassle for my household. (My dog and cat are on my side, but it's a losing battle). Now if Voom got snapped up by E* . . .

4. DS0816

DS0816 Guest

Mar 29, 2002
    Voom needs to be more affordably priced. It has to be inviting and enticing to those wanting their HDTV now. One thing smart about Voom is that is has standard definition channels of cable programming. The price is the most important factor. People don't want to take on the debt if they figure the system is not worthy.

5. cnsf

cnsf Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 6, 2002
    I need an HDTV first....still not worth the money in my book for the minimal programming and setup and ongoing cost. Local OTA HDTV just isn't worth the investment in the setup even though the ongoing cost is free......

Once DLPs and Plasmas can play 1080i natively "and" programming is more robust, "then" I will consider the significant investment and ongoing costs.

6. SamC

SamC Hall Of Fame

Jan 20, 2003
    The standard in the industry is $0, with a free instal.

There is just way too much betamax risk here to actually pay for any equipment.

7. ypsiguy

ypsiguy Icon

Jan 28, 2004
    When I move next year, hope to have a shot at 61.5. If VOOM has a no-risk offer like they just had, but one year from now, I will try them out. They have Cinemax HD. Would probably just keep Dish for AT120, Sirius and DVR'ing if I liked VOOM.