1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

At9 Antenna info please?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by JackRelahan, Feb 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackRelahan

JackRelahan New Member

May 20, 2002
    Have ordered the H20 receiver from DirecTV. They will install the new AT9 antenna next week. The mounting post rail on my deck is 5 inches wide. Made up of one 4X4 post plus a 2X4 post nail together. I needed that width for the older 3 LNB antenna mounting pad bolt holes to fit. My question is, will the current 5 inch width be enough for the new AT9 antenna bolt holes. Plus, what about supporting brace foot print?
    Should I lag bolt another 4X4 or 2X4 to the existing 5 inch width?
    Any information will be appreciated.

Please note that I posted this request in another thread by mistake. Sorry.
    JackRelahan

2. Proc

Proc Godfather

Jan 19, 2006
    Over on this board, someone has pics of the new dish installed on their deck post: http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=57893

3. JackRelahan

JackRelahan New Member

May 20, 2002
    Thanks Proc!
    Just the info I was looking for. Can see by looking at pictures that adding another 4X4 would not leave some of the bolt holes hanging out in mid-air.
    Regards
    Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.