1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Atlanta Braves Peachtree games now on Dish

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Chris Walker, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Chris Walker

Chris Walker Legend

May 19, 2004
    According to another site, Dish is now carrying the Atlanta Braves Peachtree TV games on one of the alternate channels. Glad they finally worked something out, this was the reason I left Dish last year. Are they finally taking customer demand seriously for a change?

2. ally68

ally68 AllStar

May 10, 2005
    What other site? What alternate channel?

I would love to see the peachtree games.

3. Msguy

Msguy Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2003
    Unless you live in Atlanta Braves Broadcast Territory you won't be able to see Peachtree Games. I know because I Live in Braves Territory and get the games via DirecTv. Other people outside of The Atlanta Area don't get Peachtree Games. You Basically have to live in Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, South Carolina, Parts of North Carolina, and Tennessee to receive Peachtree Braves telecasts.

4. Chris Walker

Chris Walker Legend

May 19, 2004
    Satelliteguys. And the game was on channel 450 tonight. I assume it will be on different channels.

5. dennispap

dennispap Icon

Feb 1, 2007
    The guide for next Tuesday and Wednesday shows the games on channel 449

6. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    Well if you are out of the area you may still catch the tail end of games that go overtime once the blackout lifts (after ~3 hours IIRC).

7. snowcat

snowcat Legend

May 29, 2007
    I will keep a lookout for it this week. Now that the Braves are playing better, I am more inclined to start watching them again (like last night's ESPN game).

8. Raymie

Raymie Godfather

Mar 31, 2007
    The coverage area of the old Turner South is the same as the Braves coverage area (including those mysterious "parts of North Carolina").

9. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Braves in HD on channel 444 Friday.

10. snowcat

snowcat Legend

May 29, 2007
    I don't think it is in HD for Braves fans. It may be in HD for the Milwaukee fans. I just looked at the ajc.com Braves page, and the only HD games in the next two weeks are this Tuesday and Wednesday. (which we won't get in HD)

11. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    It's in the guide, however, I didn't notice that it was blacked out for us. We get it in HD on SportSouth.

12. snowcat

snowcat Legend

May 29, 2007
    444 is definitely blacked out for me this Friday.

13. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    I wonder who gets it then.

14. snowcat

snowcat Legend

May 29, 2007
    People in the Brewers viewing area. That's typical for all of these ALT channels. You will see the same game listed twice, one for the first team's area and one for the second team's.

And you are right that we get it in HD on SportSouth (437) that night.

15. snowcat

snowcat Legend

May 29, 2007
    I really want to thank Dish for making this happen. I watched the last two games on Peachtree, and they were awesome. :cheers2:

It is a little weird to see what goes on during the commercial breaks, but kind of cool at the same time.

16. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    I wish when Dish makes the decision to broadcast the game on SportSouth in SD instead of HD, they would open up the HD alternate.
    What happens on the commercial breaks?

17. snowcat

snowcat Legend

May 29, 2007
    On commercial breaks, they show a feed from a camera from high up behind home plate that overlooks the whole field and part of the outfield stands. You can also hear a little bit of the audio from the park.

So you see everything that goes on between innings, like the raking of the infield, pitchers warming up, and the mascot races. :D

18. commodore_dude

commodore_dude AllStar

Aug 25, 2008
    Reminds me of BravesVision back in the day when TBS and Turner South didn't exist as HD channels but you could get HD feeds from Turner Field on Comcast... a lot of the time they didn't even cut the mics :D

19. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    I worked for ComputerLand many, many years ago. We had a satellite dish and a receiver. We could receive all the major networks. No commercials and pretty much what you said. The news, for instance, during breaks the conversations were interesting.
    Oops, I guess we're getting a little off topic here. Sorry.