1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Atlanta HD Channels in Chattanooga Now

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by GoodNOrange, Feb 25, 2007.

1. GoodNOrange

GoodNOrange New Member

Nov 21, 2006
    I have discovered this AM that I now recieve all the Atlanta Stations in HD. I do not recieve HD for the Chattanooga stations. I wonder if this is a temporary fix from DTV? Anyone else get this nice gift this morning?

UPDATE
    This lasted for two days, then it disappeared as quickly as it appeared. The channels were just gone.
    I switched from HBO to SHO, could that have caused this?
    It was great while it lasted, all I get are local non-HD channels from Chattanooga stations.

2. jbholcombeiii

jbholcombeiii New Member

Aug 9, 2007
    I'm getting HD from Chattanooga. Of course I just started looking a few weeks ago. I'm having a hard time getting CBS (channel 12-1) to lock in. Of course my problem may be equipment and/or location. I'm on Signal Mountain and trying to get the OTA through a Directv HR20.

3. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Have you tried getting ATL stations OTA with a deep fringe antenna?

4. jbholcombeiii

jbholcombeiii New Member

Aug 9, 2007
    No. I probably wouldn't have luck anyway. I've got Lookout Mountain in the way.

5. jacksonm30354

jacksonm30354 Icon

Mar 29, 2007
    Atlanta
    I believe he was referring to getting the ATL HD locals via satellite not antennna.

As for your OTA reception, you might check with the station to see if they are at full power and not on a temporary tower/height.