1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ATT U-verse and IR emmiters

Discussion in 'IPTV and Internet Video Delivery' started by cantrellswire, Jan 5, 2009.

1. cantrellswire

cantrellswire Mentor

Jan 4, 2008
    I'm a DTV tech gone home theater. I've installed my share of IR distribution systems and I've just run into my first problem. I've installed an IR distribution system to a DVD, VHS, Stereo and a U-verse receiver. All systems respond except the U-verse. I tested the emitter and it worked fine. I got a different type of emitter ( a shelf emitter ) it too did not fix the problem but was working on all other devices. When using the Uverse remote with the door open the system worked. When using the Monster Universal 100 remote the system worked. I put a news paper in front of the U-verse and it still worked thinking it might be set to radio frequency. But it didn’t work with the door closed. I know with DTV advanced products you can use IR or RF but this is not acting like a RF and the IR seems to be crap too. Anyone have any insight?

2. smiddy

smiddy Tain't ogre til its ogre

Apr 5, 2006
    Have you tried putting a screen over the emitter? Sometimes they are too bright...my Russound does this on a Xantech block. I had to put a screen over one emitter on an H20-600 no less.

3. cantrellswire

cantrellswire Mentor

Jan 4, 2008
    That didn't work . Any other suggestions?

4. KG4MVP

KG4MVP New Member

Jan 17, 2009
    I work with IR almost every day (installing high end systems and house wide control) and have run into this issue from time to time. Trial and error seem to be the best method. We use Xantech and RTI for our systems. With the RTI pieces we need to turn the gains all the way up for it to run most equipment. But in doing so some pieces won't work (HR10-250 for example) because the signal is too strong. usually moving the emmiter a little further away from the IR receiver usually solves the problem. An inch or 2 should do it. Also, emmiters being what they are usually prone to failure. Just a suggestion. Hope it helps.

5. Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2006
    A Galaxy...
    Lot's of threads/disscussions on this subject to be found by the use of our old frined "google".

here's one:
    Code:
    http://www.highdefforum.com/t-u-verse/79493-issues-rf-ir-universal-remote-u-verse.html

6. gromit_dog

gromit_dog New Member

Mar 19, 2009
    I have simular problem. Try turning out all lights and dim your TV to the lowest viewable setting. My IR signal was picking up interference from other light sources. Very weird.