1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Audience 101 Starting to Show Homeland?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by HD Man, Sep 9, 2013.

1. HD Man

HD Man Cool Member

Jan 31, 2006
    I was flipping through channels this weekend seeing what to record with the HBO/Max preview and noticed that Audience 101 was showing the first two episodes of "Homeland". Are they going to show the rest of the first season, was this a preview getting ready for S3?? Did anyone else notice this?

I set the DVR to record the first two episodes, so I haven't had a chance to view it yet.

That would be pleasant surprise if they show the first season of Homeland as an introduction to S3.

2. lacubs

lacubs Godfather

Sep 11, 2010
    no they won't, showtime put a couple episodes on the 101 to tease you, to make you buy showtime for the upcoming season, and i bet we get a free showtime weekend when season 3 later this month

3. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Could you please rephrase this?

4. lacubs

lacubs Godfather

Sep 11, 2010
    networks will put sneak peak on the 101 to tease you, hoping you might like series and buy Showtime for Homeland for upcoming season, i seen it many times before

5. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Thanks. I think you meant the Showtime preview shortly before the new season starts? Is it likely to be the whole season?

6. HD Man

HD Man Cool Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Ok thanks for the info. That was the first time I saw Homeland on the Audience and was just curious.

7. lacubs

lacubs Godfather

Sep 11, 2010
    yes , i seen a few other times with other series. to get people hooked, the same reason them channels have freeview, i bet Showtime have a freeview weekend the last weekend of this month because Homeland Start and want to subscribe for that

8. Bronxiniowa

Bronxiniowa New Member

Apr 14, 2013
    Iowa
    I recall also that Audience bowdlerized the episodes the last time they had Homeland on, in season 1. Dialog especially was bleeped, and a scene or two might have been axed as well.