1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Audio but no Video for the last hour....

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by nickg2, Aug 5, 2010.

1. nickg2

nickg2 AllStar

Nov 27, 2005
    sat down to watch around the horn and the video got all kinds of color blocks on the screen, but i still had clear audio.

switched to other channels and the same situation was going on. when i tried my locals i got the usual "programming unavailable....dish is aware of the problem" message but now those channels are doing the same.

plus the "picture" on ALL channels is still locked into the around the horn screen that i was watching when this started.

now it's been about an hour and a half and the video is still non existent.

solar flares causing a problem right now?? anyone else having this happen as well???

2. nickg2

nickg2 AllStar

Nov 27, 2005
    well....i just did the old "unplug and reset" and that fixed it. strange.

3. GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
    I had the same problem, but only on one tuner. It was weird.

4. Matt9876

Matt9876 Hall Of Fame

Oct 11, 2007
    Strange things going on at 61.5 hope it's just temporary,maybe a system glitch of some kind.