1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio Channels on Tuner 2

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by dconder, Jun 12, 2008.

1. dconder

dconder Cool Member

May 30, 2006
    I am trying to figure out a better way to control my whole house audio system. Right now, I have tuner 2 of my 622 hooked up to my Nuvo audio system. Problem is, the only way to change what I am listening to is go to a bedroom with tuner 2 hooked up, turn the tv on and change to whatever station I want to listen to. I am wondering if there is any way with the 622 to store channels as something like presets to be able to assign them a number. Then be able to select from my presets with a Harmony remote and RF extender. I could then be out back on the patio and go thru all the presets with the Harmony. I hope that makes sense. Let me know if anyone has any thoughts on whether it will work or if not what might work. I plan on doing the same thing with my Yamaha receiver and source 2 hooked up to the Nuvo. I can set AM/FM presets and cycle thru them with the Harmony. Thanks.

2. Jnel

Jnel Cool Member

Jan 16, 2006
    You could program your Harmony remote with macros for the channels you want to listen to (like Sirius). Then you wouldn't have to remember the channel #s.

3. kevin d

kevin d Mentor

Sep 20, 2005
    Keep in mind you can only control tuner 2 through the RF dish remote. So you could setup presets on a universal remote, but no universal remote will control tuner 2.

Kevin D.

4. dconder

dconder Cool Member

May 30, 2006
    So could a Harmony 1000 be used to learn the controls of the Dish RF remote for Tuner 2. If not, I could use audio from Tuner 1 in to the Nuvo?

5. sdschramm

sdschramm Legend

Aug 15, 2007
    you could make a "favorites" list in the guide - label it "audio" and then add only the channels you like to that list. Then all you need to do is channel up or down to cycle though to the one you want.

6. kevin d

kevin d Mentor

Sep 20, 2005
    Nope.. Tuner 2 is only controlable from the dish remote via its RF only. You can use tuner1's audio though.

Kevin D.