1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Audio cut-out on Dish music channels

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Lwrinkle1, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Lwrinkle1

Lwrinkle1 New Member

Jul 28, 2013
    California
    Anybody out there experiencing intermittent audio cut-out on Dish music channels?

2. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Yes. After it starts I've never been able to resolve it. But it goes away and only recurs intermittently.

3. sregener

sregener Godfather

Apr 17, 2012
    I noticed this for the first time on Saturday. Never had an issue before. Using the original Hopper, HDMI audio connection direct to receiver.

4. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    It comes & gores

5. tampa8

tampa8 Godfather/Supporter

Mar 30, 2002
    VIP receiver, 60's, 70's Hits 1 and 20 on 20 no cut outs at all.

6. visionman

visionman New Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Yup, had the same problem Friday night while entertaining by the fireplace. Very annoying. Finally gave up and switched to FM radio (by request).

7. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    If any of the channels were Sirius/XM, then it might have been a problem at their end. Last week I had lots of dropouts on the car receiver (Sirius / SYNC). The problem cleared up around Saturday. I did not compare the channels to the Dish versions (although I had in the past, the bit-rate in the car receiver must be lower than Dish).