1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio Dropout when playing back HD Content

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by jtendler, Apr 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jtendler

jtendler Cool Member

Apr 25, 2006
    Recently I am experiencing audio drop-out when watching records HD Programs; for instance when my wife watchs American Idol or Dancing with the Stars, she will need to fast forward at times 5-10 minutes of programming for sound to come back. Then usually it will play fine, but sometimes she has to FF again.

I had that same experience this weekend when watching MLS Soccer on HDNET.

We live in the Denver-Metro area!

ANY CLUES / IDEAS / SUGGESTIONS:nono2:

2. jeffgian

jeffgian New Member

Apr 18, 2007
    I am having audio dropouts (5 seconds) on random (HD and SD) recorded DVR shows ONLY. Live programming does not have this problem. I received a replacement receiver from DirectTV, still having the same problem? I have the HR20-700. I will be on the phone with Support again today!

3. Rob Glasser

Rob Glasser Hall Of Fame Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2005
    Welcome to DBSTalk jeffgian, but you posted your issue with your DirectTV HR20-700 in a Dish Network ViP622 forum. If you are looking for help with your DirectTV HR20-700 please check out this forum: http://www.dbstalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=112

jtendler, can you provide anymore information, i.e. what are you using for sound? TOSLink? HDMI? RCA? When you say you have to FF/REW for 5 minutes does this mean if you don't you'll have no sound that entire time and then afterwards it comes back after about 5 minutes? If you go back to that section does is always have no audio?

Most of the audio issues I've read/seen lately are very quick dropouts, or a simple skip back or forward will restore it and you can go back to the part you missed audio for and it will play fine.

I actually had an instance of where I lost audio on an HD recording for about 5 - 7 minutes a couple weeks ago. Nothing I did restored it and I figured it was bad source material and not the DVR since it was something I have never seen before or since. I've always been able to restore audio loss in the past.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.