1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Audio Dropouts, not using 5.1

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by patg25, Aug 11, 2010.

1. patg25

patg25 AllStar

Nov 12, 2006
    My apologies if this has been answered before. I did not read all of the Audio Dropout sticky since I do not have 5.1 enabled.

I had D* installed last month; got 3 HR24s and a couple of HD receivers. Last night I watched the season finale of Loosing it with Jilian on the local NBC station on my main HR24. I think it was recorded last week. Every 5 seconds or so the audio cut out. I had only one instance where the Video scrambled for 1 second or so, otherwise it was fine. I seem to have high signal strength on the transponders. Just the day before I watched the last 2 Friday Night Lights, also on NBC, without any problems.

Again, the DVR is NOT connected to a Receiver and I do NOT have 5.1 enabled. But is my problem related to the general Audio problem or was this a random occurrence? I had to push my wife pretty hard to move away from Comcast and get D*. Last night she ask me about 50 times why the receiver is dropping the Audio.

Thanks.

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    This normally is a sign of a problem between the local broadcaster and the DirecTV uplink. My local NBC can really suck sometimes, even when I go straight to their OTA signal.
    You might try emailing them about it. I've gotten some response from mine.
    Even if it's on the DirecTV end, they [the station] have a better connection to DirecTV than a customer does by calling DirecTV.

3. Bofurley

Bofurley Godfather

Oct 11, 2006
    KS
    There are a lot of posts concerning audio problems, do a search and you will find them.
    Personally I believe it is coming fromt he station, and not DTv.