1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio Drops on ESPN 2 HD...

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Greg Alsobrook, Aug 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook Lifetime Achiever

Apr 1, 2007
    I know there has been an ongoing issue with ESPN HD as I have experienced it also, but tonight I have been having issues with ESPN 2 HD.

I tuned into the Giants/Dodgers game around 9:00pm central.. The problems started out as audio and video drops, and some occasional pixelation. Then turned into audio drops about every 1 minute. It has now slowed down to an audio drop every 20 minutes or so.

Did anyone else experience this? All my signal strengths are great. My only fear is that I did have a brown out and 4 power outtages today.. and then I realized that I had my HR20 plugged directly into the wall... not into my monster surge strip... I was testing something and had forgotten about it..

It does seem to be acting okay on other channels... So hopefully it didn't fry my pretty much flawless box. Hopefully someone else can confirm these happenings. Thanks

2. Chuck W

Chuck W Icon

Mar 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    Yes, I had it too. They seemed to clean it up, later in the game tho(although I was jumping around and not following every minute of the game.

3. Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook Lifetime Achiever

Apr 1, 2007
    ok.. good to know it wasn't just me.. thanks!!

4. THX

THX Legend

Aug 5, 2004
    The problem was very bad for me last night as well. I have excellent signal strength throughout and my HR20-100 is unplugged into a APC 1500 UPS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.