1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Audio for PIP on HR44?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by EricRobins, Mar 19, 2014.

1. EricRobins

EricRobins Godfather

Feb 9, 2005
    Is there any way to select the audio for the small picture, rather than the large picture, using an HR44?

2. sigma1914

sigma1914 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Press down to switch between them. Or are you just wanting to swap only audio?

3. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    The Genie does not support it (yet).

Come to think of it, while a few televisions support this, I haven't seen any set-top boxes that do.

4. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    Nope and I doubt there will be since its so easy to swap pictures. Personally I do side by side a lot more than pip.

5. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    No. Only primary gets sound. It easy to make the secondary, the primary, but it can take a quite a few seconds.

6. sigma1914

sigma1914 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    3 seconds is quite a few?

7. itzme

itzme Hall Of Fame

Jan 17, 2008
    It can take several seconds. I wonder if he's referring to an "issue" I've posted about on several occasions. When using DLB or a PIP, and one of the buffers isn't live, there's an audio delay of several seconds. If the buffer (or PIP) is live, all is fine. Happens on my HR44, but not on my HR24 (using DLB). Others have confirmed the issue, others have tried to blame my Pioneer AVR ( including DTV) and still others confirm the issue who don't have an AVR.

8. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    It's a lot slower on my HR34 - haven't timed it, but it way more then 3 seconds for the primary to get back audio.

9. Soccernut

Soccernut AllStar

Jan 19, 2004
    It would be nice if side by side were full screen, could there be a software up grade that could fix that?

10. TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    I love PIP but we so need a one button PIP on/off toggle.

11. itzme

itzme Hall Of Fame

Jan 17, 2008
    Because of that and the audio delays on buffered tuners, I hardly ever use PIP. I think I would if they addressed those issues.

12. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    why would you want something like this? You can't fit two rectangular pictures "laying down" on two rectangular spaces "standing up" without messing the picture completely

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13. Soccernut

Soccernut AllStar

Jan 19, 2004
    I used to have it on a Mitsubishi tube projector some years back and it looked great to me, the screen was 70 inches. I could also switch the sound by going back and forth with out the picture changing sides.
    The picture in picture was from over the air or video inputs.