1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio messed up on 3D channels

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by RAD, Jul 31, 2010.

1. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    Yesterday it was the showing of The Universe on ch 103 that had the audio messed up, garbled the entire show and I tried two different showings.

Today it's the X Games on ch 103, basically the right front/rear channels are carrying audio, other channels too low to make a difference, ch 106 showing is fine.

DirecTV is making a big deal out of 3D and highlighting these two programs and what do they do, mess it up.

2. joed32

joed32 Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2006
    Most of us don't have 3D so we have no idea of what you are seeing and hearing. AVS has a 3D forum but I haven't checked it out.

3. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    Yes I know, but there is a much larger DirecTV user base here then there.

4. GregLee

GregLee Hall Of Fame

Dec 28, 2005
    As RAD knows, I had the same problem with sound on 3d programs. I heard it on the Dinosaurs Alive! program on n3d, for one, and it happens I had recorded that earlier, so I could compare. No sound problem on the earlier recording, so evidently the garbled sound is specific to a span of time. I've just now listened to 2 programs on n3D, and now I hear no problem. Perhaps it's fixed.