1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio/Video Dropouts Satellite 101

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by mluntz, Apr 8, 2011.

1. mluntz

mluntz Icon

Jul 13, 2006
    I'm having issues with many shows on satellite 101. First off, all my signal strengths are 96 or higher.

I am seeing intermittent white static lines with audio and video dropouts. This seems to happen only on SD channels, making these channels unwatchable at times.

The problem is not related to one specific reciever. It happens on my HR20 and both my HR24's.

Some of the channels involved are 235, 252, 251, 260, 285, but mainly any SD channel on the 101. No problems on any other channels.

Anyone else noticing this? Any suggestions or tips?

2. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Sounds like an LNB or switchgear problem.

Check to make sure your grounding is sound and the connectors are tight.

Let DIRECTV know you're having a problem.

3. mluntz

mluntz Icon

Jul 13, 2006
    Connections and ground all seem solid. By the way, if it was a connection, wouldn't this be happening all the time on all channels?

4. harsh

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Insufficient voltages and static from arcing manifest themselves in strange ways.

5. mluntz

mluntz Icon

Jul 13, 2006
    It's funny. Sometimes my wife will be watching one of the channels, and it will constantly do it. 5 minutes later it's fine. The strange thing is sometimes it will do it during a recorded show, she'll go back to it later, replay the bad part, and the problem is gone! The rest of the show is fine.

How can this happen during a recorded show?

6. harsh

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    As part of a partial DVR failure, I would guess.

7. mluntz

mluntz Icon

Jul 13, 2006
    Yeah. At first I thought my HR20 was getting ready to take a dump. But when she watches those channels live on any of the dvr's, sometimes the problem's there, sometimes it isn't.

And it just seems to be those particular channels! :confused::confused: