1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Audio/Video not in sync

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by rkolling, Aug 12, 2010.

1. rkolling

rkolling New Member

Aug 12, 2010
    I remember years ago there were 2 buttons on the remote that you could push together to bring the audio in sync with the video. Anybody remember what those were?

2. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    I think you're mis-remembering.

3. MysteryMan

MysteryMan DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Change the channel, then return to the one you were watching. That should sync the audio and video.

4. Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2006
    A Galaxy...
    I don't think that was ever the case; however pressing a button on the remote will only allow 1 signal to be sent at a time. A simultaneous 2 button press will not send both signals.

Thats why some hidden menus on the HRx lineup can only be accesse by simultaneously pressing button on the receivers front face plate and NOT from the remote itself.

The audio and video being out of sync might have arisen from another issuein your system. Are you using an A/V receiver for the sound output? Are you using hdmi as ther connection mthod to either the TV or an A/V receiver? Either one of these could be the possible cause.

If using an A/V receiver, look for a ms delay setting or a/v sync adjustment in the A/V receiver's menu.

5. mrfatboy

mrfatboy Godfather

Jan 20, 2007
    some tv's have an audio sync adjustment also.