1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Augusta channel 12 WRDW off air

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by makaiguy, Feb 14, 2010.

1. makaiguy

makaiguy Icon

Sep 24, 2007
    Aiken, SC
    Tried to post this in the Local Channels sub-forum, but I'm not given access to the new threads screen(??).

WRDW, the Augusta GA CBS affiliate, is off the air since our snow storm a couple of days ago. Can't pick it up off-air or via cable, either - it's definitely off air.

I note that channel 380 (CBSe) is shown in my guide in bright text as though authorized, so thinking that they are giving me the national CBS feed while the local is down, I tried to access it. I just get a 721-channel not purchased error.

I've gone to the website and had my authorizations re-sent, but no change. Didn't want to do a set reset because it was in the middle of recording something -- then I realized it was recording CBS Sunday Morning on the dead channel and getting me 90 minutes of the "Don't call us, we know the channel's down" screen, so I did a RBR and that made no difference, either.

Guess my only alternative is to run the telephone gauntlet and eventually talk to a real person ...

2. makaiguy

makaiguy Icon

Sep 24, 2007
    Aiken, SC
    HA!

WRDW is back on the air - can get it off-air and via cable again. Wish I'd known all I needed to do to fix it was post here -- I'd have done it yesterday :rolleyes:

DirecTV still showing the "Don't call" screen, but I expect it will be returned to normal shortly. (It came back in the time it took to type the above.)