1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Authorizing Pay Per View on Multiple receivers

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by crkeehn, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Apr 2, 2013 #1 of 21
    crkeehn

crkeehn Godfather

Apr 22, 2002
    I've tried finding the answer for this and search brings up tons of non-relevant posts. Please have pity on me.

My son is wanting to watch the wrestlemania pay per view scheduled for this Sunday. Is there a way of authorizing the purchase which would enable the viewing on both DVR's we have?

If I were to order the Pay per View online would it want me to specify the receiver or can I just buy it?

Thanks
    Carl

2. Apr 2, 2013 #2 of 21
    sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Just order online and all receivers are authorized.

3. Apr 2, 2013 #3 of 21
    crkeehn

crkeehn Godfather

Apr 22, 2002
    Thank you, I was hoping that would be so. I appreciate that.

Carl

4. Apr 3, 2013 #4 of 21
    Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    My wife ordered a movie with the remote a couple weeks ago and it appeared on the Playlist. I watched it on another HR. Kinda surprised me, but I know little about PPV, I, personally, never use it. Had to call my son upstairs to order it with the remote.

Rich

5. Apr 3, 2013 #5 of 21
    Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    What is it with kids and Wrestlemania? My son is always watching it (as we pay for it).

Rich

6. Apr 3, 2013 #6 of 21
    crkeehn

crkeehn Godfather

Apr 22, 2002
    I would blame it on his Mom, she would watch the WWE programming with him, when he visited her. The only problem with that theory is that years ago I used to teach Sunday School and I could remember my students talking about the upcoming Wrestlemania event even then.

I will admit that one of my Christmas Presents for Jake was tickets to WWE Raw during the holiday. It turned out to be lots of fun. He watched the wrestlers and I watched the people watching the wrestlers. Both of us had a good time.

:D

7. Apr 4, 2013 #7 of 21
    Brubear

Brubear Legend

Nov 13, 2008
    when you order ppv via remote, it only goes to the unit ordered from. Any other method (online, via text, automated phone system, agent) is available to all eligible units on the account. If an on demand event is ordered via remote it will be available on the playlist until expiration.

8. Apr 4, 2013 #8 of 21
    crkeehn

crkeehn Godfather

Apr 22, 2002
    Thank you, I was planning to place the order online.

Carl

9. Apr 4, 2013 #9 of 21
    hilmar2k

hilmar2k Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    That was probably a movie downloaded onto the reserved section of the HDD. Once you ordered it, it showed up in the playlist.

10. Volatility

Volatility Legend

May 22, 2010
    You have whole home dvr ;-). it amazed me the first time too as i didnt think you could share ppvs from one ird to the other at first

11. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Oh, no! I hope they don't hold those events around here.

May I ask how much the tickets cost?

Rich

12. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    So, the movie my wife ordered must have been On Demand?

Rich

13. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I dunno, she watched it right away and I watched it the next day in a different room on a different HR.

Rich

14. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    As I said in an earlier post, I was really surprised when I saw it on my UPL and it played on a different HR after she watched it. And I think it expired in 48 hours. I do have MRV. I gotta admit the whole process surprised me.

Rich

15. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Now that I think a bit more about it, it did show up on the UPL right away and after we both watched it, it did stay on the UPL. With a different date. I guess I'd have had to pay for it again?

Rich

16. crkeehn

crkeehn Godfather

Apr 22, 2002
    I bought them prior to the tickets being released to the public. With tax and fees, I vaguely remember their being about $25 apiece. The seats turned out to be pretty good with excellent sightlines.

Actually, I had almost more fun watching the spectators.

17. HinterXGames

HinterXGames Godfather

Dec 20, 2012
    The same as an adult who watches any other show on TV. While wrestling is scripted from a storyline point of view, it takes alot of talent/skill in multiple area's to become a true superstar and/or legend within the industry, and they also suffer alot of real injuries that people do not hear about and still work through them.
    --
    Look up a video on Sid Vicious breaks ankle on youtube sometime. :eek2:
    --
    Not to mention as you grow older, you watch for different reasons and through different lens than when you are a kid.

18. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Cheap prices.

Rich

19. HinterXGames

HinterXGames Godfather

Dec 20, 2012
    Yeah, house shows really aren't that bad price wise, especially in smaller city/venue's. WWE makes most of it's money on PPV buys and Merchandising now, not so much gate sales.

20. crkeehn

crkeehn Godfather

Apr 22, 2002
    The tickets were also purchased, pre-public sale. I suspect that WWE was more interested in a guaranteed house rather than speculating at the higher fee. After all, a full house looks better.

Based on the number of souvenirs and WWE clothing, they weren't doing to badly on the merchandising.