1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

auto hop question

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by jefte1, Oct 4, 2012.

1. jefte1

jefte1 Cool Member

Feb 10, 2010
    South Carolina
    Just got the hopper installed yesterday and I Love it!!!!! question is this morning my wife said she was watching survivor and enabled the autohop. she said it didn't start out skipping the commercials than all of a sudden half way thru it was doing it on its own.we than watched another program hit the enable autohop and i had to nit the forward button to jump ahead past the commercials. is it suppose to skip the commercials without you touching the remote or am I doing something wrong? thanks in advance for your help.

2. RASCAL01

RASCAL01 Godfather

Aug 1, 2006
    It will auto hop with out touching the remote. It talkes a few seconds for it to hop so you will see the beginning of a commercial.

3. 722921

722921 Legend

Jan 3, 2008
    It took me a few times to realize this also...all is good.
    Related queston; is there a way to autohop on programs other than PTAT?

4. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    Right now AutoHop is only on PTAT only. No word if or when it would be available for any other programing. IMO, it is a big task to have it for four channels 3 to 4 hours per day, it would be a never ending project, not to mention the man hours needed for number of channels and programs Dish offers.

5. 722921

722921 Legend

Jan 3, 2008
    I guess I'm getting spoiled by not having to skip commercials manually. Surely don't want to record all channels at once, but autohop on those programs I do record would be nice.