1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Auto Record Program based on criteria

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by cavinny, Oct 20, 2013.

1. cavinny

cavinny Cool Member

Sep 5, 2007
    I am searching for the auto record program code based on criteria. I use to know how to type cchannel 2 692 Lakers basketball

It would constantly search for Lakers on channels 2 - 692 and auto record.

I had it setup a few years ago but upgraded to a genie and have lost the code. I found it here years ago.

Thanks

2. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    For full details follow the link in my signitur and you'll get a full PDF on almost everything that can be done

But.

You want to make three arsls IMHO. They'd be....

AALL LAKERS EVENTS CCHANS 691 & Sports & Basketball

AALL LAKERS EVENTS CCHANS 7 & Sports & Basketball

AALL LAKERS EVENTS CCHANS 202 250 & Sports & Basketball

3. cavinny

cavinny Cool Member

Sep 5, 2007
    Thanks. The .pdfs were the files I was looking for. This keeps me from forgetting to record the games even when they switch to TNT, ESPN or ABC.

4. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    Thanks. The .pdfs were the files I was looking for. This keeps me from forgetting to record the games even when they switch to TNT, ESPN or ABC.

Hence the ones I noted. (I also wrote those PDFs.) It's what I use. I never allow it to record like you had set though with one giant arsl. I've had three games that I would have missed due to bad guide data and the unit try to record on a Cinema channel (long explanation as to what happened). Granted that was on a second machine and happened over the course of five years, but... I'm crazy with my Lakers games.. ;)

5. cavinny

cavinny Cool Member

Sep 5, 2007
    For full details follow the link in my signitur and you'll get a full PDF on almost everything that can be done

But.

You want to make three arsls IMHO. They'd be....

AALL LAKERS EVENTS CCHANS 691 & Sports & Basketball

AALL LAKERS EVENTS CCHANS 7 & Sports & Basketball

AALL LAKERS EVENTS CCHANS 202 250 & Sports & Basketball

Thanks-- I will have to change the code. I don't want to miss the games.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app