1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Autoloading TVersity? How?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by jacobp, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacobp

jacobp Legend

Dec 22, 2003
    I am using the latest version of TVersity on my WinXP Pro machine. I've created a new user name called TVersity and I've given it administrator rights and I've modified the Services tab as suggested in the TVersity help.

But the TVersity Server is not starting up when I turn on my computer. I always have to double click on the TVersity icon and then start the server manually.

How do I get the TVersity server to fire up on Windows boot up?

2. acomire

acomire AllStar

Dec 4, 2005
    When you go here: Right Click MyComputer>Manage>Services & Applications>Services and you go to the properties of TVersityMediaServer, what is the startup type? It should be automatic. Can you start it manually?

3. jwd45244

jwd45244 Hall Of Fame

Aug 18, 2006
    If what acomire told you does not work. Look for firedaemon (http://www.firedaemon.com) it is a tool that can take any program and make it a service.

4. jacobp

jacobp Legend

Dec 22, 2003
    It is set to "Automatic" and I can start it maually. I setup a separate user account called TVersity since my user account does not require a password. Do I need to include TVersity in my StartUp folder?

5. acomire

acomire AllStar

Dec 4, 2005
    No you do not have to put it in your Startup folder. Having no password will cause issues - not knowing if your PC is part of a domain or not, policies may be preventing blank passwords. Give the TVersity user account a password like "password" and make sure you modify the log on properties for the service account trying to start the TVersityMediaServer service.

Let us know.....

AJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.