1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Autorecord category wants to record channels I don't get ??

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by ron59, Sep 22, 2013.

1. ron59

ron59 New Member

Mar 9, 2011
    So I have this keyword search:

CYCLING NNOT TRIATHLON NNOT XTERRA

It lists programs on channels that I don't even get. Really? It's not smart enough to know I don't even GET those channels?

Also, the NNOT works for the Triathlon exclusion, but still shows "XTERRA USA CHAMPIONSHIP", which I don't want.

Frustrating.

Any tips ?

2. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    It's a Boolean search. You must enter all the filtering.

3. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    Yup, it's a Boolean Search so it's "wide open" and only pays attention to what you enter. You'll need to tell it which channels you want, since listing the ones you don't want will be too long.

4. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    So I have this keyword search:

CYCLING NNOT TRIATHLON NNOT XTERRA

It lists programs on channels that I don't even get. Really? It's not smart enough to know I don't even GET those channels?

Also, the NNOT works for the Triathlon exclusion, but still shows "XTERRA USA CHAMPIONSHIP", which I don't want.

Frustrating.

Any tips ?

First off you entered to many nnot. All words after the first nnot will be excluded, get rid of the second nnot. That's why the second one was ignored.

Then add a cchans modifier so you can narrow down to the correct channel or channel range you want it to pull from. Don't get me started on channels I get issues. But follow the link in the bottom of my signature to find all the info about booleans and how to use them.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk