1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Autotune not tuning

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by schlar01, May 14, 2009.

1. schlar01

schlar01 Godfather

Jul 16, 2007
    I have an H20 that is not automatically changing channels, even though the autotune has been set. It doesn't even come up with the reminder message. I have been watching MLB EI lately and a reminder for Rescue Me and Lost both basically disappeared. I checked the list of autotunes in the menu and it simply says 'not tuned', even though I wasn't given a choice.

Did a software update cause this? Conflict with the MLB EI subscription?

2. RobertE

RobertE DIRECTV A-Team

Jun 9, 2006
    It's a known issue. The D & H series can't "autotune" away from an interactive channel.

3. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    I am moving this to the "DIRECTV Standalone Receiver" forum.

4. schlar01

schlar01 Godfather

Jul 16, 2007
    Lovely. I don't suppose they are planning a fix....................................

How long has it been a known issue? Seems kind of ridiculous for this type of thing to ever happen.

5. dpstang

dpstang Cool Member

May 27, 2007
    This is a huge problem for me. I own 2 sports bars with 20 plus receivers. Every morning I programs games for the day on each receiver.

6. dubber deux

dubber deux Icon

Mar 7, 2009
    Yes the score guide feature defeats the auto tune feature when you have selected a sports channel and want the tuner to autotune to something else.

This is a problem.

7. RobertE

RobertE DIRECTV A-Team

Jun 9, 2006
    It's been a while. If/when there will be a fix, hard to say.

8. rich67

rich67 Mentor

Mar 11, 2009
    I have 3 h23-600's, none will auto-tune from an interactive channel . Must be common since they added all this interactivety..

9. dpstang

dpstang Cool Member

May 27, 2007
    Is DirecTv making a attempt to fix this provlem.