1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Autotune on WHDVR setup

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by jimmie57, Jul 9, 2013.

1. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    My son has an H21. He loves the Autotune. He will not let me replace it with a DVR because of that feature.

I have the SWM LNB and 2 HR24s that I use. I rarely record on the one in the bedroom.

If I add a DECA to his receiver and activate WHDVR, will he still have Autotune ?

2. dennisj00

dennisj00 Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Lake Norman, NC
    It sounds like you're wanting to move one of your HRs to his place. Before you go too far, call them, I don't think D* allows that.

And while HRs don't have Autotune, they RECORD the program at that time!

3. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Adding DECA or WHDS to an H21 only adds to its capabilities -- it doesn't take features away.

The one thing you will have to watch out for is that the H21 will become capable of setting up recordings on the DVRs.

4. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Excellent. That is what I was thinking it would still do Autotune and be able to schedule and play recordings to the other 2 HR24s.

Now I have to do some convincing to my son. He is physically handicapped and this could be difficult or impossible.

Thanks harsh