1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Available options for a SA +locals install?

Discussion in 'Sky Angel (Closed Forum)' started by paulh, Jun 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paulh

paulh Godfather

Mar 17, 2003
    My mother-in-law was inquiring about getting SA. She might also be interested in getting locals (Peoria market which is on 105). What equipment options are available?
    Can you get free equipment and installation with just SA and locals? If so, what receivers could you get?
    It looks like to me that to get free equipment and free installation, she'd have to subscribe to at least the $29/mo package + SA Could she do that initially and then downgrade to only SA + locals? Does she need to wait for the DP44 switch?

2. mwgiii

mwgiii Gaming Guru and Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 19, 2002
    To get locals off 105 + Sky Angel, she MUST wait for the DPP44 switch.

She would have 2 dishes on her house, a superdish (for 105, 110, & 119) and a 18" dish (for 61.5)

All new receivers will work.

Call Dish or a local installer to see what kind of a deal she could get.

3. TonyM

TonyM Banned User

Aug 14, 2003
    If all she wants is Sky Angel & locals (no minimum package with), you wouldn't need a DP44 (which isnt available yet). You would use either a DP21 (for one receiver) or a DP34 (for more)

I think Sky Angel has a deal for the equipment. You can always add a "Poor Man's SD" later for the locals.

4. paulh

paulh Godfather

Mar 17, 2003
    I do have my old Primestar dish (I was converted to D*) that I could atempt using if it were too expensive otherwise (But assume that would mean buying a switch, which is why I'd like to try to get all equipment initially installed for a minimal cost).

I'd imagine the dishes would have to be installed on the non-used C-band pole as there are a bunch of trees around the home. (Can 2 dishes be installed on the same pole?)

5. TimL

TimL Legend

Apr 23, 2002
    I've had 2 dishes on a pole in my front yard for a couple years..no real problem that I can see..

Tim Lones

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.