1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Avalanche on Altitude HD

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by DF Wavelength, Mar 5, 2010.

1. DF Wavelength

DF Wavelength Mentor

Apr 29, 2009
    Did anybody else catch the last two Avalanche games (Wed vs Ducks, Thurs vs Coyotes) on Altitude HD?

I noticed several small signal glitches, lots of tiling and audio dropouts.
    Mostly looked like transmission problems on the Alititude end.

I was just wondering if anybody else noticed these glitches.
    Perhaps there is a problem with my setup.....

2. Casey21

Casey21 Legend

Sep 20, 2007
    I don't watch Avalanche games but I watch plenty of Nuggets games on Altitude HD and there are frequent times during games all season long where there are glitches, audio dropouts. The audio dropouts were so bad the other night that my boyfriend asked me if he thought they were bleeping out bad language. Nope - just audio dropouts courtesy of Altitude HD is my guess.

3. blmoore

blmoore Legend

Dec 23, 2006
    Yes, I watched both games and noticed the same issues you did.

These are fairly common. At least there haven't been any audio sync issues lately, like there was when they first started broadcasting in HD.

4. bnwrx

bnwrx Icon

Dec 29, 2007
    colorado,...
    Just found this thread. I think your setup is fine, I had the same issues. My wife even noticed and made the comment"Are you doing something new?":) I think its something on Altitude's end. At least their sound is improved this season although they could do a little more enhancing on the "surround" that they utilize by increasing the volume on the side ice mikes.