DBSTalk Forum banner

Average Lifespan of a 622???

2K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Ron Barry 
#1 ·
I have 2 622 receivers but the main one on the Family room was installed in 2004 so is almost 5 years old. I am starting to see intermittent 1 second dropouts of audio on both live TV and on some recorded shows. Happens sporadic- maybe 1-2 times a night and I haven't seen a trend towards certain channels.

Could this be a sign that the 622 is starting to reach the end of it's life and should I start asking DISH for a new receiver or just wait and see if it worsens? It is a leased receiver so what would DISH offer me if replaced at some time?

#2 ·
TNVOL1111 said:
I have 2 622 receivers but the main one on the Family room was installed in 2004 so is almost 5 years old. I am starting to see intermittent 1 second dropouts of audio on both live TV and on some recorded shows. Happens sporadic- maybe 1-2 times a night and I haven't seen a trend towards certain channels.

Could this be a sign that the 622 is starting to reach the end of it's life and should I start asking DISH for a new receiver or just wait and see if it worsens? It is a leased receiver so what would DISH offer me if replaced at some time?
Dish would probably replace your 622 with refurbished 622.

#6 ·
Right. I placed my order on the first day they could be ordered and my 622 was installed 2-25-2006.

#13 ·
TNVOL1111 said:

My 7 month old 622 started dying yesterday with constant attempts to reboot, some successful and some not, even after power-plug resets. When it does boot up, it's not long before it starts trying to reboot again. The counters menu shows high temp reading of 125 degrees, and average is less than 120, so I don't think this is a heat-related failure. To make matters worse, I just learned I'll be charged $15 shipping for a replacement :nono2:, which seems all wrong, but I have no choice since I have no desire to switch to D* after 12 years of very satisfactory service from E*.

#16 ·
RickDee said:
He's not alone. I didn't know what you were talking about either as it sounded like you had no idea what you were talking about!
Your response to my post was the following:

"RELEASE DATE: January 21, 2006
You're right. There were no ViP622 DVRs in 2004. According to Dish's own publication they weren't available until January 2006.

So what does the OP have and when did he get them?"

How is that not understanding what I meant? I'm NOT the original poster.

#17 ·
Looks like we are derailing a bit here.. Lets wait for the OP to come back and provide some details as something is amiss.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.