1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Avoid dish network, clear and wells fargo bank...

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by mrmikelk, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Apr 2, 2011 #1 of 11
    mrmikelk

mrmikelk New Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Me and my wife looked into signing up for Dish Network, and went through one of their authorized contracted companies.

The charge would be 49.00 "OR" 59.00, that's it for a first charge.

The rep said our card didnt go through, which we thought was odd, then he said do you have another card? He said that would not go through, and after he asked a 3rd card was used...then we said to him we were glad nothing went through, for we decided we didn't want there services. Only moments later, while still on phone with CLEAR rep, we found we were being charged 110.00...and at this point we were charged 8 times on 2 cards with more charges coming in...total was like 13 or 15 charges, mostly all 110.00...CLEAR WOULD NOT CANCEL THIS SAYING WE HAVE TO CONTACT DISH NETWORK, DISH NETWORK REFUSED TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR CONTRACTED COMPANY AND SAID CALL THEM, EVEN THOUGH WE TOLD THEM THAT THEY REFERRED US TO THEM AND HUNG UP ON US...THEY FELT NO ACCOUNTABILITY TO EVEN JUST HELP US.
    Our bank cancelled out most of the charges, though we had cancelled 3 accounts, re-ordered new cards which its been a week and we dont have the mailed cards yet...CLEAR hung up on us 3 times, we were told by our bank probably because they couldnt handle a "can we speak to manager" request, for it wasnt on their "script" they get answers from and they were afraid to answer wrong...and after all this we r still out 59.95 because CLEAR decided to send us a modem which we didnt want for we declined service at time of ordering when we found a bunch of chargeds while still on the phone with them...and CLEAR would not help me wiith the information to send it back to them...and wells fargo stopped helping us collect on it, and actually got rude with us...We are closing our 3 accounts on Monday and going to US Bank.
    AVOID CLEAR, DISH NETWORK AND WELLS FARGO...I HAVE OTHER WELLS FARGO STORIES WHERE THEY DIDNT TAKE ACCOUNTABILITY FOR THEIR OWN MISTAKES CAUSING ME $$$$$.

2. Apr 2, 2011 #2 of 11
    RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    Clear and Dish are two totally separate companies. I don't know what they have to do with each other. A lot of this doesn't make any sense to me.

3. Apr 2, 2011 #3 of 11
    tampa8

tampa8 Godfather/Supporter

Mar 30, 2002
    Clear mobile internet service? How are they associated with Dish?

4. Apr 2, 2011 #4 of 11
    DanB_DISH

DanB_DISH DISH Representative DISH Representative

Jan 8, 2011
    It sounds as though you spoke to an authorized retailer. Typically they charge for the installation, but you'd think if this had never been installed they wouldn't charge any fees. If you'd like feel free to PM me I would like to see if I can assist you with this.

5. Apr 2, 2011 #5 of 11
    356B

356B Icon

Oct 11, 2008
    Northern...
    This wreaks of a drive by hater......1 post, all negative, spewing hate on not one but 3 entities. I am sorry for their pain......the economic situation has brought out the worst in some, the best in others......sorry....

6. Apr 2, 2011 #6 of 11
    dave1234

dave1234 Icon

Oct 9, 2005
    The best laugh I've had all day. :lol:

7. Apr 3, 2011 #7 of 11
    P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    Deja vu ?

I recall same thread a couple months ago ...

8. Apr 3, 2011 #8 of 11
    Willh

Willh Legend

Jan 1, 2009
    i wonder if this thread will be closed real soon. don't feed the trolls folks if this guy is a troll.

9. Apr 3, 2011 #9 of 11
    jsk

jsk Icon

Dec 27, 2006
    I believe the OP is referring to the Clear credit card by American Express and I assume the other credit card is by Wells Fargo. The OP should have first contacted the Dish Authorized retailer instead of involving the credit card companies. The retailer can reverse the charges. If that doesn't happen, then you involve the credit card companies.

10. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    I've never heard of Clear.

11. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    OP said "Clear" and Modem. It's Clear Wireless, a 4G ISP at http://www.clear.com/. They don't have a Dish bundle, so that's what's really confusing.