1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Axiom / Aperion Speaker Choice

Discussion in 'Home Theater Audio' started by TMullenJr, Jan 18, 2010.

1. TMullenJr

TMullenJr Godfather

Feb 22, 2006
    I'm looking to get a set of speakers to go with my Onkyo TX SR-806. I like the Axiom Epic 50-350 and the Aperion 4T-CB systems. I was curious if anybody has experience with either of these systems, or has another recommendation. I was looking to spend under $3K.

2. smiddy

smiddy Tain't ogre til its ogre

Apr 5, 2006
    I own the Axiom speakers, VP150 (center), a pair of M80 (left and right), four QS8 (left and right side and back surround sound), and EP800 (subwoofer) in my theater room and they are sah-wheet! I wired for another EP800, 2 more QS8, and another VP150. Hoever, I think with all the sound I get now I will never need them. I love them, I have had them since March 2006.

3. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    I've had my Axiom's for about 5 years and absolutely love them (M22ti's in front, VP150 center, QS8's on the sides, QS4's in the rear). Not only are they great speakers, but they're a great company to deal with. When I was first going to purchase them I called them up for suggestions and they actually talked me into spending LESS money than I originally was planning on spending (was going to get QS8's all around - but they told me it was overkill for rears in my room). How many companies will do that?

4. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    The February issue of Home Theater magazine has a speaker review if you're interested.

5. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Yes, but IIRC, neither of the brands he mentions were reviewed. Axiom, especially, rarely gets reviewed by magazines, mainly because they don't advertise in them.