1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BabyFirst TV Call???

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Mike770, Jun 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike770

Mike770 Legend

Mar 1, 2004
    I received a message on my voicemail regarding Babyfirst TV for $4.99. I did not call to have this channel added yet it says thanks for the order. The channel is now available on my system. I called D* about the voicemail and I said if that was the case I would the channel removed.

They said there is no indication that I have that channel ordered? :confused:

Any thought?

2. RobertE

RobertE New Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Maybe the wife/girlfriend/mistress ordered it? Do they know something you don't? Might want to have a chat with them. Probably at seperate times. Wouldn't be a good idea to talk to all three at once. !rolling

3. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    Eh, I had this happen a year ago about a new DVR (I hadn't ordered one). Something goes flukey in their system once in a while. Did you poke around the webpage for programming or upgrades recently?

4. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    Babyfirst costs $10 a month, unless they lowered the price.

5. Radio Enginerd

Radio Enginerd New Member

Oct 5, 2006
    What is Baby's First TV? And please don't tell me it's baby's first TV channel, I get that... What kind of programming? :)

6. Snoofie

Snoofie Registered User

May 29, 2003
    I just noticed the other day that I was getting that channel and I never ordered it. Haven't seen anything on my bill either. I just thought maybe they were doing some sort of free preview.

7. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    It's baby development. Do a search.. It's owned by a woman. Nothing for adults. It's on E too.

8. ProfLonghair

ProfLonghair Hall Of Fame

Sep 26, 2006
    CMH
    Got the same VM yesterday, and just now got another one saying it had NOT been added to my account, sorry for the confusion and inconvenience, etc.

9. mark_winn

mark_winn Legend

Nov 3, 2005
    Just got a call from D* saying it was a mistake, people were notified incorrectly, and it not appear on your bill.

10. Radio Enginerd

Radio Enginerd New Member

Oct 5, 2006
    Maybe it's DTV's way to "market the channel".

11. Mike770

Mike770 Legend

Mar 1, 2004
    I too received the VM stating that they made an error.

So all well that end well.

12. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    I received a message last night about it.

13. romwarrior88

romwarrior88 Mentor

Jun 1, 2007
    BabyFirst TV is $4.99/month and is commercial free educational programming for children up to about three years old. We ordered it for our 4-month old and it has some stuff that she likes. But she pays more attention to the Baby Einstein vids right now. But again, she is only four months old.

14. Mixer

Mixer Hall Of Fame

Sep 28, 2006
    I may avtually order that now. My 3 year old is past most of it but soon my newborn will benefit form it. Even if I get it for a few months and record a few hours of the good shows I think it would be worth it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.