1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back to DirecTV

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by nmargate, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nmargate

nmargate New Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Well, I'm going back to DirecTV tomorrow. From 1998-2005, I was a Directv subscriber but then I went to Dish. Dish was ok, but it's not as good as Directv. The reasons I'm going back to DirecTV is because of Chiller, The Filipino Channel, and perhaps Video on Demand. I must admit though, I'm going to miss the Tivo DVR and I'm not too excited about using the Directv DVR.

NM

2. convem24

convem24 Icon

Mar 11, 2007
    Have no fear! The HR20 is better than the R15. By the way they are coming out with new receivers this fall. The R15 should be replaced (mine works well). I have to admit the Dish DVR is a good box. Hopefully D* will get the R15 replacement out sooner than later.

3. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    Except for the MPEG4 HD, you can still find DirecTV TiVos, both SD and HD. Check out the TiVo Community Forums.

4. HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan New Member

Nov 29, 2005
    Welcome Back.

The hR20 has made much improvement over the last 6 months.
    Just keep an open mind and come back if you have any questions. :)

5. DawgLink

DawgLink Woof Woof Woof

Nov 5, 2006
    Washington, DC
    The DirecTV DVR may surprise you.

Could get one like mine which never lets ya down ;)

6. gulfwarvet

gulfwarvet Tips & Resources Collaboration

Mar 7, 2007
    Welcome back :)

i know what you mean about Dish's tivo-dvr. anyway the HR20 has made great improvements over the past 6 months as HDTVsportsfan already has mentioned. Plus with the successful launch of D10 by mid September they will start firing up all those NEW HD channels.

7. cnmsales

cnmsales Hall Of Fame

Jan 8, 2007
    I cringed when I gave up my DTivo box for the hr20 but 500 ce's later I wouldnt give it up for the world. It really is a gREAT box.

8. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    DISH DVR's have Tivo? Or did I misunderstand what you meant?

9. nmargate

nmargate New Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Oops, I meant that I'm going to miss Directivo because that's what I had before switching to Dish. Now that I'm switching back to DirecTV, I was told that they no longer sell Tivos. Oh well, I've read so far that the R15 isn't that bad and plus it has a larger hard drive and can save more shows.

NM

10. paulman182

paulman182 Hall Of Fame

Aug 4, 2006
    I have 3 R15s and an HR20 and have had no major issues with any of them.

11. jal

jal Icon

Mar 3, 2005
    Well, if I were you, and you are talking about SD TIVOs, go out and find an R10 or other Directivo on Ebay. For many of us who are used to the TIVO, going to the R15 was a huge disappointment.

12. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    SO it looks like by the dates you posted you were with E* for close to 2 years, why did you leave D* for E* in the 1st place? Did you get lured away with cheap service rates?

13. MalibuRacing

MalibuRacing Legend

Mar 2, 2007
    I have 2 SD Tivo's. After getting the HR20 (which I have grown to love, and it's even getting better), I find myself forgetting how to use the Tivo remote in the bedroom! :lol:

I definitely don't regret getting the HR20. In my opinion and personal experience, it's a very good product.

14. Steve Robertson

Steve Robertson Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2005
    I am with you on the Tivo in the bedroom I actually have to look at the buttons now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.