1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back Up Power for DTV HR20-700

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by jered9, Jun 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jered9

jered9 New Member

Apr 14, 2007
    Help! I live in Florida the lightning capital of the world. Everytime we have a momentary power loss it takes up to 10 minutes for the receiver to reboot.:mad: I am considering buying a UPS battery backup system for the HR20-700 receiver. Has anyone done this and are there any problems with doing this that I need to be aware of?

I apologize if this is the wrong forum to post this question.

Jered

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    :welcome_s to the forum.
    Yes this is the wrong forum, but you shouldn't have any problem using a UPS. I use one and it is a very good idea for the HR-20 has a hard drive so it is a computer by nature.

3. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    You should always have a UPS unit on a DVR or any other home electronics. A small $40 one is fine up to hundreds. Mine was about $120 and I can battery backup 6 devices and surge protect 4 more. Perfect size.

4. Drewg5

Drewg5 Icon

Dec 15, 2006
    St. Louis
    yes UPS is the way to go... Your more than likely going to want one around $75

5. Jason Nipp

Jason Nipp Analog Geek in a Digital World Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Gold Club DBSTalk Club

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern...
    I don't have an HR20, but I use a UPS on my 622 and it works just fine. Just remember if you have a powered switch to put that on the UPS as well. That way you also have no signal interruptions with the power glitches.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.