1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Background Graphics with HR44

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by SMinHD, Aug 26, 2013.

1. SMinHD

SMinHD Mentor

Jun 9, 2006
    Has anyone noticed the phenomenon that I posted about with the HR34 at this thread with blocking in the graphics in the guide grid and playlist:

http://www.dbstalk.com/topic/200948-poor-graphics-with-hr34c31/

Some claimed that it only showed up on the transition screen before the grid or list displays, but I am always able to see it on my HR34, with slight improvement after the entire screen draws out. I'm really thinking about getting the HR44 to hopefully correct this, along with the speed improvements and smaller footprint. Would love it if someone could really take a close look at their HR44 for me.

Thanks

2. peds48

peds48 Genius. DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    This is not the Genie but the settings on your TV

3. SMinHD

SMinHD Mentor

Jun 9, 2006
    You're wrong, but thanks for the response.

4. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    Its there on all 3 of my HR2x models....frankly its so inconsequential I cant believe you're still asking about it months later.

5. Mike Greer

Mike Greer Hall Of Fame

Jan 20, 2004
    Salt Lake...
    SMinHD - to answer your original question... Yes - you see the same thing with the HR44. At least with the HR44-500 that is.

6. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    On your HR-44.

I do not see those artifacts on my setup, and HR44-200, nor on my HR34, the latter with a small Sony, the former with a Samsung 58" plasma.

7. SMinHD

SMinHD Mentor

Jun 9, 2006
    Thanks alot for the confirmation Mike. This is just one of those things that will not bother many and/or many prefer a brightness/contrast level that masks most of it. D replaced my 34 with a 44 yesterday, and as you said, it's still there. However, seems like in general the 44-500 i have has a little darker black output and I've been able to get it to the point where it doesn't bother my delicate little eyes :eek2: . The speed and performance of this thing is incredible and I'm extremely pleased i was able to work it out with D.

8. Mike Greer

Mike Greer Hall Of Fame

Jan 20, 2004
    Salt Lake...
    Big difference in speed between the 34 and 44 isn't it?!

As everyone knows I'm picky about the thing responding when a button is pushed and the response of the HR44 vs HR34 is night and day...

9. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    It's getting old Mike.

10. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Or, maybe, already gotten.....

11. Mike Greer

Mike Greer Hall Of Fame

Jan 20, 2004
    Salt Lake...
    How did I know you guys would be the next two posts?

Getting old? Like you guys feeling the need to protect DirecTV at every turn?

Claiming the HR44 is only 'slightly' faster than the HR34? Right... And the sun is only slightly brighter than the stars. :nono2:

Fact is comparing the two side-by-side anyone with a pulse can see there is a substantial difference in how quickly you can navigate around.

No need go through it all again. We all know your opinion is that the 44 is slightly faster than a 34.

I'll keep my 'opinions' out of threads until someone gives the 'slightly quicker' speech when someone asks what the difference between a 34 and 44 is.

DirecTV is a big boy - he doesn't need your protection! !rolling

12. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    Please take the side conversation to PM.