1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Backing up recordings

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by saberfly, Feb 14, 2014.

1. saberfly

saberfly Legend

Apr 4, 2010
    Okay here's a weird question. I have recordings on the hard drive of the hopper. I want to back them up to a USB flash drive. I also want them to stay on the hopper hard drive. How can I do this, they transfer to the USB Drive and don't stay on the hopper hard drive. Can this be done? I have a DVD burner and can make a disk but it goes to standard definition if I use the USB Drive it stays high def. That is why I want to do it this way.

2. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Doctor Whom Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    It is a transfer-only situation with Dish. The only way to end up with a copy in two places would be to record it, transfer that recording to the flash drive, and then record it again on the Hopper.

3. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    or search for 'disharc" and learn how to backup using Linux