1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Bad disconnect of service experience

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by bcgrinner, Oct 17, 2013.

1. bcgrinner

bcgrinner New Member

Oct 17, 2013
    Salt Lake
    I was with Dish for 13 years but had to upgrade to an HD receiver in July. I spoke to Dish customer retention dept a couple of times to see if they could get close to Directv's new customer offer but it didn't work out so I disconnected on July 16. On July 25th, I had to contact Dish because I didn't receive the equipment return pack when expected. I received an email confirmation of returned equipment on Aug 8 but still have not received my refund for the partial month credit after disconnection, although I've previously called in August and September. I just spoke to customer service again today and was promised a refund in 5-7 business days but the amount is smaller than anticipated. I paid $88 by credit card on July 1st, disconnected on July 16th and am receiving a refund of $18.

I've never disconnected service with a satellite provider before. Is this how it normally works?

2. gov

gov Legend

Jan 11, 2013
    I've seen considerable variation on D* and E* between what the CSR tells you and what it turns out they really want.

I have more than one E* customer with late model HDDVRs still waiting a year for return kits. They weren't blipped non-return fees, but I told them HDDVRs are pricey and to just sit on them.

D* frequently says they want everything back, but then it turns out they don't want the receivers if they are old, certain mfrs, or have 'died' of specific known problems.

Make sure CSR notes account records accordingly when you call (but how can we know they really do?).

3. medziatkowicz31

medziatkowicz31 New Member

Dec 16, 2012
    another thing to consider is somehow record or write down what they say and get their name. That way if something happens down the road you can say so and so on this date and time told me I don't have to do such and such.

4. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    You can always request the specifics be emailed to you. Havinf an email in hand is worth several in the bush.

5. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    I was with Dish for 13 years but had to upgrade to an HD receiver in July. I spoke to Dish customer retention dept a couple of times to see if they could get close to Directv's new customer offer but it didn't work out so I disconnected on July 16. On July 25th, I had to contact Dish because I didn't receive the equipment return pack when expected. I received an email confirmation of returned equipment on Aug 8 but still have not received my refund for the partial month credit after disconnection, although I've previously called in August and September. I just spoke to customer service again today and was promised a refund in 5-7 business days but the amount is smaller than anticipated. I paid $88 by credit card on July 1st, disconnected on July 16th and am receiving a refund of $18.

I've never disconnected service with a satellite provider before. Is this how it normally works?

What day was your billon cycle beginning an ending. I wouldn't be surprised it if was not the 1 but closer to the 18 say around 20th or so which could be why your credit back would be so low.