1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Bad Hr34?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by mak, Nov 24, 2012.

1. mak

mak AllStar

Nov 16, 2005
    Today I was watching the news when I lost my picture I got a 45-741 then it went to 771 no signal.Called dtv and they could figure it out. The time and the date on the 34 is 6.14 on 12/31.A tech was out last week when it went out he could not find any thing wrong then it started working but he put a new lnb on in hope that it was going bad . The deca and the swm power all have green lights so they are working.

2. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    An error code that starts with 45 is usually a guide data error. It usually is because it hasn't received guide data in a certain amount time.

It would help to get some more info. Do you have a 5LNB or a 3LNB dish?

Mike

3. Brubear

Brubear Legend

Nov 13, 2008
    should be a #17 (Slimline – 3S (SWM)) by locals market

4. mak

mak AllStar

Nov 16, 2005
    It is a 17 (Slimline – 3S (SWM)) by locals market

5. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    The HR34 seems to be a bit more susceptible to problems with open ports on splitters or unused coax being connected.