1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Bait and switch?

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by rvrman, Oct 8, 2008.

1. rvrman

rvrman Cool Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Set a timer for my 622 to record a show on the DIY channel.
    Went back to watch the recorded show and it was an NFL football game off another channel.
    The listing name, channel and info were correct.
    The recorded program and channel were way off.

Anybody??
    :confused: :confused:

2. dbrakob

dbrakob Godfather

Apr 25, 2006
    Hopefully it was a random, rare occurrence. I have had my 722 for 16 months now and this has happened to me twice.

3. smackman

smackman Godfather

Sep 18, 2006
    I make it a habit to do a "soft reboot" at least 1 time a week.
    I have trouble with Closed Caption not working at times and a "soft reboot" always fixes it.
    I have had a 622 for 2 years and I have had your issue maybe 2 times.

4. rvrman

rvrman Cool Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Thanks guys!
    I'll follow your lead.

5. Bizket

Bizket Cool Member

Aug 1, 2008
    What is the difference between a 'soft' reboot and a 'hard' reboot?

Thanks.

6. smackman

smackman Godfather

Sep 18, 2006
    Soft reboot; Holding power switch down for approx 5 seconds; Receiver will reboot

Hard reboot; unplugging 622 electrical cord for approx 20 seconds then plug back up.

7. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Soft reboot is done by pushing and holding the "power switch" on the box until the box shuts down and starts to reboot. Hard reboot is when you disconnect power to the box by unplugging it or other system such as turning off a switch on a power strip if it's plugged in there.