1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

"Basic Training" starts Monday on HC

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Karl Foster, Aug 3, 2002.

1. Karl Foster

Karl Foster Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Monday night at 8:30 E/P the new reality series "Basic Training" starts on The History Channel (D* channel 269/E* channel ?). Anyone who has been through BCT (Basic Combat Training) should find some fond memories.

www.historychannel.com/basictraining

2. gcutler

gcutler Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Didn't they have something like that on FOX???

3. Karl Foster

Karl Foster Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    The one on Fox was a game show like "Survivor" with fake drill sergeants and the contestants voted each other off. It was o.k. This one actually follows six new recruits through Army Basic Training. Think documentary, not game show reality series.

4. Karl Foster

Karl Foster Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    I watched this and all I could think was that Drill Sergeants have gotten much nicer in the past 16 years. I don't think my TI (Training Instructor the Air Force) could speak in under 240 decibels.