1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battlestar Galactica - 04/25/2008 - "Esccape Velocity"

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Drew2k, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    So was Tyrol unhinged or what?!

Tory seems to be embracing her new abilities, Saul is exploring his feelings, and Tyrol is just lost.

I noticed Tyrol and Tory attending Baltar's "service" (we're all perfect!), and Lee checked it out before leaving.

One odd thing: We saw Six speak with Baltar and insist he try to get into their chamber, telling him he won't be harmed. She obviously lied to him - he was injured. What I'm confused about is Six, and if we were given a new clue as to her manifestation when we see her in one scene, then a moment later we see Baltar alone being "lifted" off of the ground like a marionette. I imagine this was done with hidden wires because he really looked like he was being lifted, not that the actor was doing it. What's up with this?

2. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    Yeah after she told him he wouldn't be hurt and then he got a butt of gun in his face, I thought to myself, gee that looks like it hurt to me! :lol:

3. Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2007
    Monmouth...
    outside of Tyrol going off on Adama, I thought it was the most boring episode in the series.All that cult stuff in my opinion is getting in the way of the real story of fighting cylons and finding Earth.

4. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    I do enjoy the Cylon in-fighting as well. Need more of that.

Speaking of Cylons...

What's up with the differences in the Six models in regard to their appearance? All early Sixes had the platinum blond short hair. Then we met Gina with the longer honey colored hair. Now the only Sixes with platinum blond are the ones in the brig and in Baltar's head, while all of the models on the base star are in the Gina style ...

5. Indiana627

Indiana627 Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2005
    <my best Tigh grumble>

I've had about enough of the fraking space opera and the one God vs. many Gods mumbo-jumbo. Reveal the fraking 5th Cylon and get us to fraking Earth already.

</my best Tigh grumble>

6. cj9788

cj9788 Hall Of Fame

May 14, 2003
    IMO Six had to tell Baltar he would not get hurt just to get him to do what he did. With each hit he gained more influence among his followers. I do not think self centered Giaus would have done that otherwise.

Tyrol is an emotional wreck, God(s) help Tory and the others if he ever finds out the truth. All would be exposed and the news that there has been four (possibly 5) cylons living among them for years would just rock the fleet to its already bare foundation.

I liked the previews for nextweek. Looks like some cylons make an emergency landing on Galactica. I wonder what news they will bring?

7. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    My take on the previews ...

... is it was Starbuck's ship that the Cylon heavy raider landed on. I thought I saw Starbuck with Leoben, so that would explain his presence. I could be wrong though - it was just a quick glance and I didn't replay it.

8. RobertE

RobertE New Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Both Tyrol and Tigh have completely lost their marbles.

Tory the toaster is toast if/when the chief finds out the truth.

Then you got the Col. seeing Ellen in Six & Six in Ellen. He's going to need his own refinery ship soon. :lol:

9. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    So did Six-in-the-Brig recognize Tigh as a Cylon? I don't think she did ...

10. crashHD

crashHD Godfather

Feb 29, 2008
    That's actually a pretty good impression!

11. RobertE

RobertE New Member

Jun 9, 2006
    With Six, who knows? If she did, it sure wasn't when she was kicking is backside. Possibly right before she kissed him though. :confused:

Just going to have to wait Six more days to find out more I guess. :grin:

12. frederic1943

frederic1943 Icon

Dec 1, 2006
    Maybe he just stopped to borrow a flask of ambrosia since he was in the neighborhood.:lol:

13. Bubba1987

Bubba1987 Cool Member

Sep 15, 2007
    Well we do know that all the 2s, 6s & 8s were not killed by Cavil & co.

14. cj9788

cj9788 Hall Of Fame

May 14, 2003
    I too wonderd if Six knew Tigh is a cylon but in my thinking if the final 5 are so revered she would have been floored at the thought of let alone be in the presence of one of them.

The preview did go by fast I didnt catch it was not on Galactica.

Anyone know what hair has gotten up Lee's ass. I am really starting to dislike him.

15. Indiana627

Indiana627 Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2005
    Thanks!

16. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I had expected a lighter episode after such a dark one the week before. I didn't expect it would get darker.

It seems like the basic plots are slowing down to allow for more character development. Certainly we're seeing different perspectives on what it's like to have your whole life change as a result of not being the person you thought you were.

Going back to the whole question of, "is head-Six real or is Baltar nuts", well I am looking more toward her really being in his head. I do think in some way Caprica-Six and Baltar became insane in much the same way, perhaps because they were both so complicit in the destruction of the colonies. I think less and less that head-Six is some sort of Cylon projection.

More and more, though, I am feeling that this group of survivors, at least the ones we see, do not deserve to find a peaceful end to their journey. They have lost sight of what it is to be human. The most human character IMO is Gina.

17. Indiana627

Indiana627 Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2005
    I think they made a mistake revealing 4 of the final 5 Cylons at the end of season 3. I think now they are stuck coming up with a lot of filler material until they reveal the final Cylon and find Earth. IMHO, they should have revealed 1 or maybe 2 of the final 5 Cylons, then they could have revealed the 3rd, 4th and 5th throughout this season, and then end with the ultimate of finding Earth.