1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

BBC America HD in Latin America

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Red Orc, Mar 13, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Red Orc

Red Orc Legend

Oct 11, 2011
    http://www.tvpredictions.com/dbbc121411.htm
    According to this article Latin America got BBC America in HD in December. It's only for two hours a night but that's still more than we're getting.
    Just thought I'd throw that out there.

2. mreposter

mreposter Hall Of Fame

Jul 29, 2006
    odd that it's only for 2 hours a night.

3. Red Orc

Red Orc Legend

Oct 11, 2011
    I thought so too. I thought DTV was all abouit 100% HD channels not the part-time HD channels they constantly rag on DISH over.

4. ndole

ndole Problem Solver

Aug 26, 2009
    So move there.

Also, I don't think that you'll see the "Full-Time HD" adverts in the Latin America markets :rolleyes:

5. trainman

trainman Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2008
    Sherman...
    There are many differences between DirecTV and DirecTV Latin America.

This being an article by Swanni, it's also entirely possible that the information is incomplete and/or incorrect. My guess is that what's actually being broadcast is a 2-hour "BBC America"-branded block on a "variety" channel such as the Audience Network, and those 2 hours represent the only programming that BBC America has the rights to broadcast outside the U.S. (I assume most if not all of BBC America's programming that originated with the BBC in the U.K. was sold to other channels outside the U.S.)

6. NewForceFiveFan

NewForceFiveFan Legend

Apr 23, 2010
    I'd like it if BBCA was in HD and also airing all the episodes of Casualty and Holby City like they used to do back in the day.