1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Be prepared for some major bugs on January 1st!

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by -, Dec 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guest

This is only speculation but I get the feeling that January 1st is going to be very interesting when must carry kicks in. Every time there is a major channel changing event, it takes a week or 2 for the DP guide to catch up. Since Microsoft pretty much takes care of the 7-day guide, do you think they will be ready? Somehow I don't think so. I can very well see waking up new years morning and finding the entire 8000 block of channels saying "No Information" if the channels are there at all. I'm also suspecting that if they are there we won't see any detailed listings for at least a few days if not a week.

And on top of that, bugs may be introduced into the 7-day guide causing everyone to do a 7225000 code downloading the 48 hour guide to fix them.

I don't know, I'm pretty skeptical. One side of me thinks that everything will go smoothly but the other half says don't believe it!

2. Guest

Well Chris, you were partially right. The 3AM download did a weird upgrade screen at the end of the download, & then rebooted. When it came back on I had to click on listings, & then got the 48 hour guide.

I checked the receiver info, & from what I can see, nothing has changed as far as a software update was concerned. Lew

3. Guest

Well that prediction was pretty pessimistic. I received the 7-day guide without incident and everything looks okay, so far. Many, such as yourself, had problems which I hope will clear up tonight with the new download.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.