1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Been away...where are new HD channels already!?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by mrb, Aug 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrb

mrb Legend

Sep 14, 2006
    My good fortune has been to have a flawless HR20 for the past months so I've only been by off and on to the boards.

I know this has been asked and answered many, many times I'm sure, but would someone point me to the most updated thread to learn when (if possible) the new sats are being launched and thus when we can expect all the other HD channels we've been promised. I know it was 2007...now there are only four months left in the year!

Also, is there a lineup listing of which ones we'll get once the sats are active?

Much obliged!!

2. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
  3. HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan New Member

Nov 29, 2005
    D10 is up and almost in position for testing. Glorious HD will soon be had.

D11 will go up at the end of this year or early 08.

4. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    This has been moved to the general discussion forum for all to enjoy:

5. mrb

mrb Legend

Sep 14, 2006
    Hey, thanks. Answered by two DC/Maryland folks too (I'm a transplant from MD to Chicago). Thanks guys.

BTW...Go Skins! See you, BMoreRavens, this coming Saturday night! :)

6. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    And moved again... to the programming sub-forum.. ;)

7. HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan New Member

Nov 29, 2005
    Well.....I don't like your avatar because I'm a Dallas fan. :p ;) But you seem like a nice guy anyway. :D :) Bmore and I seem to follow each other alot around here. :)

One of the satellites was delayed because of the ILS platfrom launch vehicle explosion earlier in the year. (Trying to stay on topic)

8. mrb

mrb Legend

Sep 14, 2006
    I heard about that -- here probably -- but had forgotten. That's a nice lineup of channels, very exciting. I've gotten so hooked on HD. Do you know, will they be basically carbon copies of the SD feeds or will they have their own unique programming...i.e. like a different channel altogether.

A Dallas fan living near DC...Nooooooooooooooooo! Best of luck to the Cowboys...as I've told my good friend from Austin, I hope you do very well this year, and then lose to the Skins in the NFC championship game. :p

Thanks again friends.

9. drx792

drx792 Icon

Feb 27, 2007

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.