1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

best cable mapper/ toner v2

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by Nabisco, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Nabisco

Nabisco Godfather

May 18, 2007
    I had asked this some time a couple years, I use the advanage 8 way mapper and it works nice but sometimes it wont read if there is a clear barrel or even if there is a orange or blue one. my wtl can come in with his pocket toner and find the lines just fine but i want something that has more than one finder cap. is there another brand that may fit my needs if you guys have had some experience

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nstallmates-8-Way-Coax-mapper-tester-Toner-8-Color-Coded-Connectors-New-RG6-RG59-/330968107827?pt=US_Tools_Crimpers_Strippers&hash=item4d0f3c8b33

this is one i was looking at

sorry if this isnt in the right place but since im Dtv and this it the install thread..... input asap my mapper broke today!!!!!!!

2. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
  3. Nabisco

Nabisco Godfather

May 18, 2007
    how about replacement caps lol they go quick!

4. gov

gov Legend

Jan 11, 2013
    LOL!

Looking behind a TV cabinet that I worked on years ago and see a forgotten ID cap on the extra sat line I ran is something that has happened to me more than once!