1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best deal I can get

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by TXaggie, Oct 29, 2009.

1. TXaggie

TXaggie New Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Howdy,

I am looking for the following type setup:

3 TV's single coax to all TV's currently have 3 DVR's with D* that I own, I would like to replace with one HomeDVR serving all three TV's (I would add a esata drive to add capacity myself).

With the Silver200 or Gold250 package, what is the best deal out there from Dish? With D* I pay roughly 80 per month as I own the DVR's myself.. I would like to not pay anymore then that if possible..

If I go with this setup with D* it would cost me a lot of money upfront (new equipment) add additional 2 year commitment and I would not own the DVR later.. Given the fact that I would be a new Dish customer I would think I could score a better deal. I don't care about the Sunday Ticket or anything else, just looking for the basics and both will fulfill these needs.

Thanks,

2. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    Didn'i like yesterdays answers so you are starting a new thread?

3. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    If you have to have 3 HDDVRs, then you'll pay $200 upfront for 2 solo HDDVRs, but if you don't need/want all HD, then a SDDVR won't cost you anything but the monthly fees. Or if you want, you could get one DUO HDDVR free and use the second output for SD on another TV, and add a solo HDDVR for $100 and accomplish the same thing.

Downside to using an SDDVR is that the ext. HD that you might want to use won't work between the two, but will between the two HDDVRs. And it is connected via USB not eSATA, a one-time fee to allow for it. It has the advantage of giving you the ability of moving it around or with a new HDDVR which Direct doesn't do.

You might be able to get a bit better deal if you call them, but that is what online setup shows. I don't think you'll get a better monthly price than the online, but you might be able to get a 2nd HDDVR in the mix without extra upfront money.

But even if you go this way, it is cheaper than D* most likely will charge. I think they will charge an upfront on all HDDVRs, no freebie at all. OF course, using the "I'll cancel" card with them might get you some consideration there too.

4. Slamminc11

Slamminc11 Hall Of Fame

Jan 27, 2005
    Well boba, he is a Texas Aggie, so...

5. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    He is looking for someone to do his work for him?:)