1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Dish DVR...for Non-Techie setup?

Discussion in 'Standard Definition Receiver Support Forum' started by mrdobolina, May 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrdobolina

mrdobolina AllStar

Aug 28, 2006
    A Mile High
    Hi all-

I was considering buying a Dish network DVR for my Mother-in-law for Mother's day, but I know very little about Dish, since I'm a user of the other sat company. Plus, she lives in a different state than we do, so I can't easily go to her house to set it up. I think she has a newer dish installation, since she just moved to a new house and had an installer out, so I think she will be able to have 2 lines running from her dish to the receiver. I also think she'd want to keep her current receiver and move it into another room, but that's a different can of worms altogether.

Which dish dvr's are easy to set up-i.e. she can pretty much just swap out her current receiver for a new one? Is it even that easy with Dish as it is with D*?? Which dvr is easy to use, and can record two shows at the same time?? Are there any Dish DVR's that I shouldn't even consider?

Thanks for your help!

2. BNUMM

BNUMM Hall Of Fame

Dec 23, 2006
    At this time Dish offers the 625 (standard Definition) and the 622 (HD) receivers. The are both dual tuners.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.